This listing is for a UK hallmark with the London Assay Office. If you purchase an item of jewellery from Bottlebee that is under the legal threshold for hallmarking, but would still like a hallmark on your purchase, please buy this listing .
The hallmarking service is for a sterling silver hallmark or gold hallmark. Hallmarked jewellery is a legal requirement for items weighing over a certain threshold.
Most items can be hallmarked to prove it's precious metal quality. Sterling items weighing over than 7.78g or gold items weighing over 1g require a hallmark.
All marks are stamped by the London Goldsmiths' Company Assay Office
- Consists of a series of marks applied to articles of the precious metals platinum, gold, palladium and silver
- Means that the article has been independently tested
- Guarantees that it conforms to all legal standards of purity (fineness)
A complete hallmark consists of three compulsory punch marks:
- Sponsor's (or maker's, manufacturer's or name) mark
- Metal and fineness (purity) mark
- Assay Office mark
I also add two optional marks as standard:
- Date mark
- Traditional fineness mark
Items are marked at the lowest precious metal. So if you purchase a silver and gold item, it will be hallmarked as silver. If you buy a silver and brass item, it will be hallmarked as silver + metal.
Please note that it may take an 2-3 additional weeks for your item to be sent to you.
This will add an additional 2 weeks to the processing time time of your item.